Aroundtown is a real estate company with a focus on income generating quality properties with value-add potential in central locations in top tier European cities primarily in Germany, the Netherlands, and London. The company invests in commercial and residential real estate which benefits from strong fundamentals and growth prospects.
Aroundtown is listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange and has a BBB+ S&P rating, which is the best rating in German commercial real estate. The highest credit rating is due to the strong business profile and the conservative financial policy with loan-to-value of 37%.
The Dutch office in Amsterdam has been founded in 2016 and has experienced an explosive growth over the past years. The team consists of 75 employees with different nationalities. The employees are managing the assets from A to Z, which means that they carry out the financial, administrative, technical and commercial management of the portfolio themselves. The team is divided in business units: Asset and Property Management, Technical Management (and Service Desk), Development, Finance, Legal and Tax.
For Aroundtown we are currently recruiting a Tax Manager for the Amsterdam office. We are seeking a Tax Manager with a completed Master’s degree in Dutch Tax Law or Tax Economics and approximately 4-8 years of work experience in an international tax advisory practice or as an in-house tax specialist within an international company.
It is a broad tax role with a focus on the Netherlands and with lots of interesting projects. Experience in real estate is a plus but no must. You will have a lot of freedom and independence in this role and you will get the opportunity to grow. You will work with and report to the Head of Tax.
The company facilitates a good working environment in a very pleasant and spacious office in Amsterdam. You can work partly from home.
Mains tasks Tax Manager
- Advice on Dutch tax matters and developments affecting the group, including real estate transactions and restructurings.
- Monitor on-going tax matters of the groups’ Dutch operations.
- Maintain the Dutch transfer pricing documentation/Local Files of the group.
- Manage relationships with external service providers/consultants and the tax authorities.
- Coordinate, review or prepare corporate income tax and VAT returns of the Dutch group companies. Your Finance colleagues and external tax advisors prepare most of the returns. You will do the review and preferably, if you have experience with preparing returns, you can prepare some of the returns yourself.
- Review tax accounting prepared by your Finance colleagues.
Profile Tax Manager
- Approx. 4-8 years of relevant work experience as a tax adviser or in-house tax specialist. Experience with Dutch and international tax is a must, experience with real estate is a plus.
- A completed Master’s degree in Dutch Tax Law and/or Tax Economics.
- Good knowledge and experience with Dutch CIT. Experience with real estate transfer tax and VAT is a plus but no must.
- Experience with the review and/or preparation of Dutch corporate income tax returns.
- Good with numbers, very organized, pro-active, self-starter, hands-on, practical, result orientated.
- Team-player with good social and communication skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and good in English.
Remuneration Tax Manager
- Excellent employment conditions and the possibility to attend training courses.
- Interesting tax position with nice Dutch and international colleagues in a beautiful office including restaurant and sports facilities.
- Hybrid working: 3 days in the office/2 days remote. Or, if you want to work 4 days a week, 2/2
- Lots of freedom and flexibility in the execution of your function.
- Lots of independence in the role and the opportunity to grow
Acquisition on this role is not appreciated. Direct applications to Aroundtown will be forwarded to Teuben Tax Recruitment.
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal