Manager EU Customs and Global Trade bij VTTI
VTTI is one of the world’s leading and fastest growing storage providers for energy and other essential products with a global network of 17 terminals. Located at major shipping crossroads and supply gateways, VTTI provides over 10 million cubic metres of storage capacity across five continents. The company is co-owned by IFM, ADNOC and Vitol. Partners, who between them, have more than 100 years of experience in the energy business.
Due to the rapid growth of VTTI, we are currently recruiting a Manager EU Customs and Global Trade. You will work at the head office in Rotterdam, regularly visit the Dutch and Belgian terminals and, if necessary, also travel internationally. You can also work partly from home. You will report to the VP Customs and Global Trade and you will work in a global environment, surrounded by driven and committed professionals.
VTTI offers you a very interesting and challenging international Customs and Global Trade role in a fast-growing company. VTTI offers a good salary, bonus opportunity, a company car (or cash option), laptop, mobile phone, excellent pension scheme, health insurance contribution and development and training opportunities.
Main tasks Manager EU Customs and Global Trade bij VTTI
- Coordinate and ensure the handling and monitoring of customs issues within the terminals, so that it will be handled according to guidelines / requirements. Get to know the working of the IT system on customs in depth. Identify and analyze risks, discuss these and make proposals on how to deal with it. Maintain contacts with relevant parties, among which customers, customs authorities and industry associations.
- Advise internal and external customers on customs matters. Give explanations, instructions and care.
- Make proposals on optimization of processes, procedures and instructions regarding customs to ensure effective work performance. Identify and analyze problems and risks. Establish improvement plan and ensure the implementation.
- Maintain weekly contact, digitally and on location where distance allows it, with the Local Managers, Customs Reps, Customer Services, Operations and other internal departments of the respective terminals.
- Regular contact with various government agencies, industry groups and customers. Advising customers on customs matters in relation to contractual agreements.
- Provide for instructions on compliance with customs regulations and ensure execution and review/monitor the implementation. Identify anomalies, discuss within Customs and Global Trade team and support with solutions. Coordinate the management of the required customs licenses. Handle appeal procedures. As Manager EU CGT you are jointly responsible for the customs compliance of the European terminals (currently 6), as well as the optimization of processes. You are acquainted with customs and excise legislation and you are capable to translate this to the business processes.
- Assist the local Terminal management responsible for Customs, which on the terminals is part of Commercial/Customer Services. Coordinate and support the Customs employees at the Terminals. You are dedicated to know your way around the details and working of the IT system and able to provide hands-on guidance and assistance where necessary. You will ensure adequate and up-to-date AO/IC documents, procedures and work instructions.
- Provide training to your customs colleagues and help built and implement a robust training platform containing e-Learnings.
- Manage and perform internal control measures and become acquainted with the work performed by the declarants.
Profile Manager EU Customs and Global Trade bij VTTI
- Master degree in (fiscal) law or fiscal economics or equivalent education.
- Relevant work experience obtained at a tax advisory company and/or Multinational / International Company. Familiar with relevant laws and regulations in the area of customs and excises and able to translate this into the business processes.
- Familiar with Dutch specific customs and excise policies.
- Good social and communication skills.
- A customs specialist with affinity for IT.
- Strategically strong, politically convenient (with respect to foreign authorities), analytical, critical attitude, organizational sensitivity.
- Motivator, result driven, a problem solver customs specialist
- Persuasive and influencing capability, good stakeholder management.
- Self-reliant, persevering, assertive, enthusiastic, ambitious.
- Fluent in Dutch and good in English.
Remuneration and Application Manager EU Customs and Global Trade bij VTTI
VTTI offers the Manager EU Customs and Global Trade a good fixed salary, an attractive bonus, a company car or cash allowance and other good secundary benefits. You can work 2 days from home.
You can apply on our website. Applications sent directly to VTTI will be forwarded to Teuben Tax Recruitment.
Acquisition is not appreciated by VTTI.