Indirect Tax Manager
Titan is an innovative, independent and fast-growing company, making a real impact on climate improvement. Titan delivers clean fuels and related services to the shipping industry and industrial customers globally. The company is established in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is a leader in supplying Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Bio LNG (LBM) to industrial and maritime clients as a cleaner alternative for oil based products.
The world is rapidly transitioning from a fossil-fuel based economy towards a renewable & sustainable economy. Titan’s mission is to contribute to a cleaner future by supplying LNG and LBM today, and hydrogen-derived fuels in the future to both shipping and industry.
Titan currently operates a fleet of bunker vessels and shore-based infrastructure. The company is delivering clean fuels to clients all over the world and is therefore facing interesting and challenging indirect tax matters. In addition, due to the energy transition, the company is also facing many indirect tax challenges.
Titan is therefore creating a new Indirect Tax Manager role to manage these indirect tax challenges. On behalf of Titan, we are currently recruiting an Indirect Tax Manager who will work in the head office in Amsterdam. You have approx. 4-7 years’ relevant indirect tax experience. You can learn on the job and develop yourself.
Since it is a new role within the company, you will have a lot of freedom and independence to develop this new and challenging in-house Indirect Tax Manager position.
Tasks & responsibilities Indirect Tax Manager
- Advice the commercial, financial and operations teams with indirect tax matters and support them with practical implementations and reporting requirements. This starts with the LNG Titan supplies today, but a significant part of the job will focus on the ever-evolving cleaner energy market. New products come with new rules and new regulations. You will follow the latest developments and advice the stakeholders. You can learn on the job.
- Act as the main point of contact for external tax consultants as well as local customs. Titan is a pioneer in its industry and this indirect tax role will also involve a lot of pioneering, since many aspects are yet to be explored.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Global Strategy and way of working with respect to indirect tax related topics.
- Monitor development and legislation on indirect tax matters and act as a first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and advise them.
- Work with tax advisers in various countries, stay up to date with and inform the relevant departments within Titan of any new and amended VAT regulations.
- Answer VAT-related questions from colleagues across a range of departments.
- Implement a Tax Control Framework including indirect tax processes and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits on indirect tax processes. Implement automation of indirect tax and customs systems and data analytics.
- The Finance department is preparing the VAT returns. If needed, assist them, and ensure they are submitted correct and on time.
- Report directly to the Finance Director.
- Execute operational activities regarding refunds and systems.
Profile Indirect Tax Manager
- Relevant University Degree and approx. 4-7 years of indirect tax experience, obtained within a tax consultancy firm, an International Company and/or at the Tax Revenue.
- You like to work in an international environment and you are excited about the idea of building a career in the rapidly growing clean fuel sector that is of vital importance to decarbonize shipping and heavy industries.
- Good in English, additional languages (such as Dutch, French or Spanish) are an advantage
- Able to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Analytical, organized, pragmatic, adaptable and flexible.
- Interested in data analytics and ERP systems. You can learn on the job.
- Initiative-taking, a problem-solver, team player.
Benefits Indirect Tax Manager
Compensation & Benefits
From the head office location in Amsterdam, Titan encourages employees to learn from each other, to interact and develop. The business of Titan will grow significantly in the coming years and there will be many opportunities within the company to learn and grow.
• A fulltime or parttime employment (minimum of 32 hours per week).
• Good fixed salary, bonus possibility and 25 holidays based on a fulltime contract.
• Flexibility to partly work from home.
• Inspiring entrepreneurial business environment, excellent work atmosphere with professional colleagues.
• Travel allowance / NS Business Card.
• Pension scheme.
• Other benefits.
This Indirect Tax Manager role is handled by Teuben Tax Recruitment. For any questions, you can contact Harry Teuben, 0031 6 25288296. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications directly send to Titan will be forwarded to Teuben Tax Recruitment.
- BTW Specialist
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen