Global Tax Manager
SNV is an international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. SNV uses their extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt the expertise in agriculture, energy, water, sanitation and hygiene to local contexts. The organization applies its know-how to deliver results worldwide. The projects directly benefit millions of people and at the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty.
SNV has annual revenues of over EUR 120 million and 1300 staff working in 28 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV is proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement their mission.
On behalf of SNV we are seeking a pro-active Global Tax Manager who actively contributes to SNV’s operational excellence in delivering impactful and compliant projects. The position of Global Tax Manager is newly created, ensuring SNV is and remains tax compliant in the evolving context. You will be part of SNV’s Global Finance Team, based in The Hague.
The organization and business model is continuously developing as is the regulatory environment. The Global Tax Manager is responsible for the further development of the tax policy, tax position, procedures and tax control framework.
You will work as an all-round (international) tax advisor to SNV in-country offices and global teams, including Corporate Affairs, Finance, Business Development and HR, and you will liaise with the external global and in-country tax and legal advisors as well as the Dutch tax authorities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and solution oriented tax advisor or in-house tax specialist with a sharp eye for details, thorough, self-organized, able to prioritize and with strong communication skills in multi-cultural settings.
SNV offers a newly created, challenging Global Tax Manager role. An international work environment, with highly motivated colleagues, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse international working environment. You can work partly from home. It is a position for 4 or 5 days a week.
Tasks & responsibilities Global Tax Manager
- Provide tax analysis and advice to the Managing Board on risks and opportunities
- Ensure control over SNV’s (international) tax position and support teams with mapping the tax aspects of SNV operations, contracts and/or projects
- Advise on and respond to questions from SNV colleagues, donors or tax authorities on tax related matters. Where appropriate you can work with external tax advisors
- Prepare and maintain a tax control framework for SNV including relevant templates, instructions and tools. Lead on further development of SNV’s policy, procedures, quality assurance standards, systems and tools related to tax and tax compliance
- Identify gaps and areas of improvement and propose solutions to ensure compliance with regulations and having sound tax positions
- Maintain a good relationship with external tax advisors and the Dutch tax authorities, acting as the first (internal) point of contact
- Provide quality guidance, coordinate, support and train colleagues on tax compliance procedures and prepare reports in line with management information needs of different functions across SNV
- Negotiate and establish task orders related to tax services provided by external advisors
Profile Global Tax Manager
- Master’s degree in (international) Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics or equivalent by experience
- Approximately 6-10 years relevant tax experience in an international context obtained as a tax advisor or in-house tax specialist
- Broad experience with Dutch and international tax matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and intercultural sensitive. Able to explain complex tax issues to different audiences
- Excellent command of Dutch and English
- Hands on, pro-active, practical, ability to work independently with high attention to details
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- High level of integrity and dedicated
- Not for profit organisaties
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal