Customs Specialist - approx. 2-5 years' experience
Our client, a well-known Multinational, is a global leader in its business. The company is very successful and sells its products worldwide.
The Customs group in Holland operates as a logistics and financial control tower within Europe. It has a focused role in the Central European Logistics and Supply Chain strategy, advisory, innovation and monitoring. For this Customs department, based in the Rotterdam/The Hague area, we are recruiting a Customs Specialist who will be a member of the Customs team (7 employees).
It is a very interesting and broad Customs role within a dynamic, challenging and international environment. It is an ideal in-house Customs role for a Customs Specialist with approx. 2-5 years' relevant experience obtained within a tax consultancy firm (customs advisory role at a Big4 or comparable), a Multinational and/or at the Dutch Tax Revenue.
You can learn a lot on the job, work within a customs team on interesting projects and develop yourself on a personal and substantive level. You may travel to other locations within Europe (approx. 1 or 2 days every month).
Mains tasks & responsibilities Customs Specialist - approx. 2-5 years' experience
- Contribute in developing and implementing the European and Dutch strategy with respect to customs related topics.
- Contribute in developing the European Headquarters function.
- Monitor development and legislation on international customs law, act as a first point of contact for internal stakeholders, advisory to stakeholders from customs and legislation perspective.
- Implement Customs processes and procedures, HS classification, export controls and sanctions.
- Submit information to internal system and prepare KPI reports to the Indirect Tax Manager.
- Conduct internal audits on custom processes, data analytics. Implementing automation of customs systems and data analytics.
- AEO monitoring and implement track changes.
- Refund and origin management. Execute operational activities with regard to refunds and systems.
Profile Customs Specialist - approx. 2-5 years' experience
- Relevant fiscal study and approx. 2-5 years’ of proven experience as a Customs Specialist, obtained within a tax consultancy firm (advisory experience obtained at a Big4 or comparable), a Multinational and/or at the Dutch Tax Revenue.
- Able to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Dutch and English language skills, both speaking and writing.
- Innovative, problem solver, team player.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Analytical, organized, pragmatic, adaptable and flexible.
- Affinity with data analytics and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of GPA and Custom Management System (DMS).
- Able to travel to other locations within Europe (approx. 1 or 2 days each month).
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen