Wage Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
Action is a fast-growing international non-food discounter with more than 1,400 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Austria and Poland and more than 46,000 employees. With Dutch origins and a no-nonsense approach, Action is known for low prices and a diverse and surprising range. About a third of the more than 6,000 products Action sells are part of a standard range. The rest of the range varies and is continuously changing. The Action stores sell among others cleaning products, office supplies, toys and decoration. Over the last years, Action has won multiple prestigious retailer awards in various countries.
In 2018, Action achieved net sales amounting to EUR 4,216 million, an increase of 23.3% compared to 2017. Action achieved a strong growth in operating EBITDA to EUR 450 million in 2018, which is 16% higher than in 2017). Action opened 230 new stores in 2018 with a strong expansion in France, Germany and Poland.
Action is growing rapidly in terms of sales and profits, the number of stores and distribution centers and the size of its workforce. The group’s head office and largest distribution center are situated in Zwaagdijk-Oost in the province of North Holland (approx. 30 minutes by car from Amsterdam).
Action will continue the fast-paced store roll out and distribution center roll out in existing and new geographies. With strong international growth and the number of stores and distribution centers outside the Netherlands increasing, Action has developed from a Dutch company into a European Multinational Discount Retailer and continues to strengthen the organizational capabilities whilst staying focused on the unique proposition.
Due to the rapid international growth of the Action group, we are currently seeking an Wage Tax Manager who will be located in the head office in Zwaagdijk-Oost. It is a new role within the organization. You will report directly to the Head of Tax.
The Wage Tax Manager is a broad role with wage tax, (personal) income tax and social security as focus areas (both national and international). You will oversee wage tax and social security related processes and you are responsible for developing and formalising a tax control framework for the group for wage tax and social security related matters.
Tasks & responsibilities Wage Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- Advise on wage tax, (personal) income tax and social security matters (both national and international). Be the internal expert and implement relevant rules in the Action policies and processes
- Develop, maintain and improve the Action wage tax and social security ‘Control Framework’
- Responsible for wage tax, (personal) income tax and social security aspects of the Action Global Mobility Program (in close cooperation with Compensation and Benefits team and other relevant HR teams)
- Responsible for wage tax and social security compliance relating to extensive and continuously growing international workforce
- Responsible for safeguarding employment policies being in line with tax legislation
- Provide tax technical advice with respect to all wage tax and social security related matters in light of Action’s ongoing international expansion
- Manage (relationship with) external tax advisors and safeguard budget
- Manage the relationship with the Dutch and foreign tax authorities for all wage tax and social security related matters and be first point of contact
- Responsible for guiding and coordinating (international) wage tax audits and provide tax technical expertise
- Responsible for, and monitoring of, impact of changes and developments in (international) relevant tax laws
- Responsible for wage tax consequences of the various international Action Long Term Incentives and equity plans and provide tax technical input on any changes in these plans
- Advise and optimize application of the Dutch WKR and similar schemes in other countries
- Responsible for the 30% ruling procedure within The Netherlands
- Advise on any other events or situations that may have wage tax and/or income tax implications, such as Director’s fees, non-executive remuneration, intermediary liability, independent contractor status, pension plans etc.
- Be known as first point of contact within Action for all wage tax and social security related matters
- Liaise with other relevant Action departments
Profile Wage Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- A Dutch Master Degree in Fiscal law and/or Fiscal Economics
- At least 7 years of relevant wage tax experience
- Strong and independent professional
- Highly analytical thinker
- Fluent in Dutch and very good in English (both written and spoken)
- Driven, energetic, strong communicator
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism and problem solving skills
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets
- Organized, able to structure activities and projects, stick to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
Application Wage Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- Loonbelasting / Inkomstenbelasting Specialist
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen