Action is a fast-growing international non-food discounter with more than 2,000 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Italy and Spain. Founded in the Netherlands and with a no-nonsense approach, Action is known for low prices and a diverse and surprising range. The combination of low prices and surprise is key in the attractiveness of the formula.
Action has more than 65,000 employees. In 2021, the company added 267 stores and over the last years, Action has won multiple prestigious retailer awards in various countries.
Action is growing rapidly in terms of sales and profits, the number of stores and distribution centers and the size of its workforce. The group’s head office and largest distribution center are situated in Zwaagdijk-Oost in the province of North Holland (approx. 30 minutes by car from Amsterdam).
Action will continue the fast-paced store roll out and distribution center roll out in existing and new geographies. With strong international growth and the number of stores and distribution centers outside the Netherlands increasing, Action has developed from a Dutch company into a European Multinational Discount Retailer and continues to strengthen the organizational capabilities whilst staying focused on the unique proposition.
The Action Group Tax team currently consists of eleven tax specialists and is located at the head office in Zwaagdijk-Oost. The team is responsible for all direct and indirect related tax matters for all Action group entities.
Given Action’s rapid international expansion, both in existing and in new countries, we are seeking a VAT Specialist who will report to the VAT Manager. You will a.o. work closely with the VAT Manager and two VAT Compliance Specialists.
Mains tasks VAT Specialist
- Answer VAT-related questions from colleagues across a range of departments
- Together with the VAT Manager, you will help to optimize the Tax Control Framework
- Assist the VAT Manager with VAT audits
- Participate in the tax set-up of new business developments such as e-commerce and a customer loyalty program
- Review new or updated products for all countries to make sure the correct VAT rate is applied
- Consult with colleagues from Finance Services and offer advice on how to improve their processes
- Work with tax advisers in the various countries, stay up to date with and inform the relevant departments within Action of any new and amended VAT regulations
- Together with the VAT Manager, you will provide VAT training sessions to colleagues in Finance Services
- If needed, prepare VAT returns (the VAT returns are generally prepared by the VAT Compliance Specialists) and ensure they are submitted correct and on time. In addition, you will run and analyze reports from SAP (knowledge of SAP is no must, it is learning on the job) and follow up on findings that emerge when preparing these declarations
- Participate in the ERP migration into SAP S/4Hana including tax flowmapping (specific ERP knowledge is no must / learning on the job)
Profile VAT Specialist
- Relevant tax education and approx. 3-6 years’ of relevant VAT experience obtained at a tax consultancy firm or as an in-house VAT Specialist
- Proactive, you are a flexible team player with strong analytical skills
- You can ascertain how an organization is running
- You are used to deadlines and you take an analytical approach to solve problems and you combine these abilities with good communication skills and responsibility
- Good knowledge of Excel; experience with SAP is no must; learning on the job
- A good command of English (both written and spoken). Dutch is no must but an advantage. Other languages are a plus.
- Demonstrate a high level of pragmatism
- Hands-on, accurate, analytic
Benefits / Applications VAT Specialist
Action is offering an unique VAT Specialist role within a dynamic, international, fast growing and very successful company. You will be part of the Group Tax Team and you will work on a broad range of VAT projects.
Action is paying a good salary, an annual bonus based on personal and business goals, the possibility to work from home (2 to 3 days a week), travel or working from home allowance, a company laptop, pension, smartphone and an extensive range of courses and trainings at the Action Academy.
You can apply on our website. For any questions, you can call me at 06-25288296. Applications directly send to Action will be forwarded to Teuben Tax Recruitment. Acquisition by other agencies is not appreciated.
- BTW Specialist
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen