VAT Reporting Specialist
For our client, a very successful international company with activities worldwide, we are currently seeking a VAT Reporting Specialist. You will work in the Indirect Tax Team consisting of VAT Advisors and a Sr VAT Reporting Specialist.
We are seeking a VAT Compliance Specialist with relevant experience. Your work experience will determine what kind of complex VAT Reporting activities you will do. You will learn on the job and work closely with the Senior VAT Reporting Specialist, the VAT Advisors and colleagues from the Business. You learn by doing and you will be educated in-house. You speak Dutch and English.
The company pays a good salary plus attractive bonus. You wil get a contract for an indefinite period. The location of the company is in the center of Rotterdam, only a few minutes walking distance from the Central train station.
Tasks & responsibilities VAT Reporting Specialist
- Timely submission of VAT returns due in the EMEA region
- Submission of other related reports such as Intrastat and EC Sales Listings
- Spot errors when preparing the VAT returns and reach out to the various operational desks to get it fixed
- Provide user input to continuously improve in-house developed tax reporting tools
- Support other indirect tax team responsibilities
- Respond to queries from the tax authorities
- Participate in VAT audits
Profile VAT Reporting Specialist
- Relevant education in tax, accountancy or finance
- Relevant work experience
- Eager to learn, hands on mentality, accurate
- Interested in IT, VAT compliance, multiple cultures and you have an international focus
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Good in English and Dutch
- BTW Compliance / VAT Accountant