VAT Manager EMEA
Belden (www.belden.com) is a US multinational listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Belden continues to transform from a cable company to a leading specialty networking solutions company with a portfolio that includes cable, connectivity, networking and software that is positioned to grow.
Belden focuses on Industrial Automation, Cybersecurity, Broadband & 5G and Smart Buildings. They make a.o. cable products (for audio, video, ethernet), connectors (industrial plugs), routers, switchers and cybersecurity software. The products of Belden are used, for example, in the automotive industry, stadiums, trains, machine building and the energy sector.
Belden has grown rapidly and completed multiple acquisitions in the last few years and is pursuing organic and inorganic opportunities in fast-growing regions.
For Belden in Venlo we are recruiting a VAT Manager EMEA. You will be the business partner for the sales and supply chain functions throughout EMEA and advise them in complex indirect tax related matters. It is a broad, international and independent VAT role. You have at least 6 years’ relevant VAT experience obtained at a tax advisory firm or in-house. Partial working from home (2 or 3 days) is possible.
Main tasks & responsibilities VAT Manager EMEA
- Act as the business partner for the sales and supply chain functions throughout EMEA and advise them in complex indirect tax related matters
- Identify Indirect tax optimization opportunities. Proactive involvement in diverse projects
- Maintain and improve the tax control frame work for indirect tax purposes. Build, maintain and govern processes surrounding VAT. For new acquisitions: implement processes at the new acquired companies
- Manage VAT Compliancy for entities served by the EMEA Accounting team in Venlo. The VAT returns are prepared by accounting colleagues
- Gather information of local VAT requirements and assist in the setting of correct VAT rates on all company products and services in each country in the EMEA region
- Manage and coordinate VAT inquiries from the tax authorities. Assist the local finance team in VAT audits
- Work closely with the various departments (amongst others local Finance, Supply chain, IT and other business partners) to assure that the local VAT/Intrastat obligations are correctly fulfilled
- Create VAT awareness within the organization. Training & guiding the company’s personnel on the accurate use of VAT and any modifications of VAT legislation
- Responsible for complex VAT accounting and compliance issues for the European operations. The VAT accounting is prepared by your accounting colleagues
- In case of new ERP (SAP) implementation, responsible for the initial design process, performing analysis, testing and training with respect to VAT related processes
- Perform analysis on the design of VAT processes within the existing ERP system
- Perform analysis on the influence of modifications of VAT legislation
- You will be involved for management of the VAT cash in- and outflow
Profile VAT Manager EMEA
- University degree in Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics
- At least 6 years’ relevant VAT experience within a multinational, tax advisory firm or law firm
- In-depth knowledge and experience with EU Indirect Tax regulations
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate and work with non-financial customers
- Demonstrate a pro-active, flexible and pragmatic approach
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast moving environment
- Business level English essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Application VAT Manager EMEA
- BTW Specialist
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen