Neptune Energy is the largest offshore gas & oil producer in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, operating 24/7 to provide the Dutch society with gas. It is Neptune’s vision to make a positive contribution to meeting society’s changing energy needs and to the energy transition, creating value for all our stakeholders.
The company was formed in 2015 and is a fast-moving company with the mindset of a mature start-up dedicated to providing a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment for all.
Neptune Energy is building a sustainable future for the business in the Netherlands with gas and new energy projects like offshore green hydrogen production and offshore CO2 storage (CCS), delivering significant societal and economic benefits for the Netherlands. Neptune Energy is uniquely positioned for the energy transition. They aim to go beyond net zero by storing more carbon than they, and their customers, emit by 2030.
Neptune Energy Netherlands is part of the Neptune Energy Group, with operations in the Netherlands, Germany, Indonesia, Algeria, Egypt, Australia, Norway and the UK.
On behalf of Neptune Energy Netherlands we are recruiting a candidate to fulfill the position of Tax Specialist, operating from The Hague. The Tax Specialist reports directly to the NL Head of Tax who is also based in The Hague. The Tax Specialist role is a new position within the company.
You will be a member of Neptune’s international tax team. Working closely together with the Head of Tax NL and the Finance department, you are jointly responsible in managing the Dutch tax position and you will also work on international projects.
In this position you will be able to develop into an all-round in-house tax specialist. Partially working from home is possible (2 or 3 days).
The world’s energy needs are changing and Neptune Energy is embracing the opportunity to work with those focused on changing it for the better. Are you looking for an interesting broad Tax Specialist role within a growing company that is active in the energy transition? Then we are looking forward to meet you!
The Neptune way:
Opportunities for Growth: Neptune is a growing international exploration and production company with exciting opportunities for talented individuals.
Safety and performance: Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is our number one priority. If you’re fixated on safe, high-performance operations, we want to talk to you.
The Neptune Way: Our leaders and future leaders are team players. They see the big picture, act decisively and take responsibility.
Respect: We want to create a workplace where everyone feels accepted and valued. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion or belief, disability or political views.
Main tasks & responsibilities Tax Specialist
- Manage internal timely (tax accounting) reporting under IFRS.
- Manage and file tax returns, payments and reports.
- Together with the Head of Tax NL, prepare tax advice and support on tax planning in various tax projects.
- Assist with tax support for New Energy / energy transition projects (e.g. CCS, Hydrogen). Provide practical and technical tax support to the business.
- Assist the accounting, legal and business teams both pro- and reactively in relevant tax matters.
- High quality and technical interaction with external auditor and internal stakeholders (e.g. accounting department and Financial Planning and Analysis).
- Ensure smooth and timely communication with tax authorities (e.g. tax audit) and external tax advisors.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organisations.
Your profile Tax Specialist
- Relevant education in Fiscal Law, Fiscal Economics or Accounting (with relevant tax exposure).
- At least 5 years relevant experience obtained at a tax advisory firm, law firm or in-house. Good knowledge of Dutch Corporate Income Tax and interest in other taxes. Willingness to ‘learn on the job'.
- Good with numbers, affinity with tax accounting.
- Strong experience of working in teams with different experts.
- Fluent in Dutch and good in English.
- Take ownership and accountability.
- Flexible, independent and a good team player as well.
- Aangiftemedewerker / Tax Accountant
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal