Tax Specialist (3-5 years exp.)
Our client, a well known Multinational, is a global enterprise with many companies in almost all counties in the world. For this Multinational we are currenlty recruiting a Direct Tax Specialist for the tax team in The Netherlands.
As Direct Tax Specialist Netherlands you will be part of the BeNeLux tax team. You will have a direct report to the Direct Tax Manager in the Netherlands. In that role you will work closely with the Direct Tax Manager in representing the interests of all Dutch group entities towards the local tax authorities, to third parties and intra-group to the business colleagues and tax colleagues at the Headquarters and affiliated companies worldwide.
In addition you will support the Belgian Direct Tax Manager in similar representation for all Belgian group entities. Due to the global holding and financing activities in The Netherlands and the broad international character of the business that resides in the BeNeLux, the Direct Tax Specialist is mainly active in the area of Corporate Income Taxes and International Taxes in particular linked to strategical projects and restructurings. You act as a trustful and reliable business partner to all stakeholders and actively supports implementing the global tax strategy.
We are seeking a Tax Specialist with approx. 3-5 years of relevant experience obtained as a tax advisor in an international tax advisory practice (Vpb) or as an in-house Tax Specialist of an international company. You speak Dutch and English (both verbally and in writing).
The company offers you a challenging tax position with interesting tax projects within an international and dynamic environment.
Main tasks Tax Specialist (3-5 years exp.)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Group Tax Strategy
- Prepare tax analyses and draft position papers, tax ruling requests etc.
- Be able to explain specific tax topics to colleagues, follow relevant legislative developments and evaluate the potential impact for all group entities
- Manage various tax formalities and monitor tax compliance processes (no tax accounting, the tax return is outsourced to the tax advisor), group guidelines, policies and directives in the tax area
- Provide expertise and guidance to respective internal counterparts on tax related matters and be an active team member
- Prepare, actively contribute and attend meetings with local tax authorities
Profile Tax Specialist (3-5 years exp.)
- Master degree in Dutch fiscal law or fiscal economics
- Approx. 3-5 years of relevant experience in an international tax role (internationale Vpb praktijk) obtained at a Big Four Advisory firm, a large international law firm and/or a Multinational
- A solid knowledge of local tax law and regulations and high degree of understanding of international tax rules and policies and tax compliance topics
- Affinity and basic knowledge of Transfer Pricing
- Transversal knowledge and understanding of corporate legal, accounting and economic matters
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, flexible attitude and eagerness to learn
- Ability to work both individually and in a team within a complex and high demanding environment
- Good skills in Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent in Dutch and good in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal