Tax Manager with approx. 4-7 years work experience
RELX helps scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives, and executives forge commercial relationships with their clients. RELX companies help insurers offer customers lower prices by assessing risk better, and save taxpayers and consumers money by enabling governments and financial groups to detect fraud. RELX operates across several professional market segments:
Scientific, Technical & Medical:
Scientific, Technical & Medical provides information and analytics that help institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance.
RELX helps researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues and gives them the knowledge they need to find funding. RELX helps governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. RELX helps doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers and supports nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers. The goal is to expand the boundaries of knowledge for the benefit of humanity.
Risk Solutions provide customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry-specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency.
RELX helps US auto insurance companies with better risk assessment so they can offer their customers lower prices and enable healthcare providers to keep down medical costs. RELX makes the world a safer place from criminals, rescues missing children and helps save the lives of police officers. RELX prevents fraudsters from exploiting stolen identities and gives banks the data and tools to help combat money laundering. RELX enables millions of disadvantaged people to obtain credit, often for the first time. RELX helps farmers with their efforts in precision agriculture and airlines to improve their operations and services for passengers.
Legal is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help professional customers make more informed decisions, increase productivity and serve their clients better.
RELX helps lawyers win cases for their clients, manage their work more efficiently, and grow their practices. RELX assists corporations to better understand their markets and prevent bribery and corruption within their supply chains. RELX aids universities in their efforts to help students become successful legal professionals, and supports governments and courts by making laws accessible and strengthening legal infrastructures. RELX helps collect evidence against war criminals and provide tools to combat human trafficking. RELX endeavours to advance the rule of law across the world.
Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools.
RELX helps match customers with the right solution. The events enable customers to learn about a market, source products and complete transactions, generating billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world.
Role Context and Challenges
RELX Tax is responsible for providing effective and appropriate expert tax advice and guidance to the divisions of RELX and reporting the group’s tax position in its enterprise-level financial statements, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. To appropriately address the tax challenges it faces globally the team employs subject matter experts located in the US, the UK, the Netherlands and Manila, with additional support from a LexisNexis team based in India.
Other jurisdictions are supported by the central international and indirect tax teams, with local tax compliance managed by RELX divisional finance staff, mainly through an outsourcing model.
RELX has a global and dynamic business, which operates in many different geographies in a constantly changing legislative environment, particularly in relation to the taxation of the digital economy and non-established businesses.
On behalf of RELX we are currently seeking a Tax Manager who will provide functional expertise in respect of all aspects of Dutch corporate income tax, withholding tax and other direct taxes. You will report to the Head of NL Tax. You have approx. 4-7 years work experience obtained as a tax advisor or in-house tax specialist.
The role of the Tax Manager will a.o. be focused on:
- Tax advisory activities - including support for M&A and group restructuring projects
- Activities with respect to the individual supervision plan in line with the Dutch government’s Top-100 approach
- Activities regarding Tax Compliance / Tax Accounting (learning on the job is possible)
This role is based at the RELX office in Amsterdam, with flexibility to partly work from home but always in line with (post-) Covid-guidance from HR.
Main tasks & responsibilities Tax Manager with approx. 4-7 years work experience
- Build strong relationships with key RELX stakeholders and the Dutch Tax Authorities.
- Work closely with RELX tax specialists, ensuring that RELX Tax demonstrates a joined-up approach to advice provided to the businesses.
- Advise on the tax impact of internal restructuring transactions, acquisitions and divestment transactions.
- Develop and maintain a robust Dutch tax compliance framework which is in line with the Dutch government's Top-100 approach expectations.
- Advise on withholding tax and other contract related matters.
- Review current and deferred tax provisions in close relation with the UK reporting team (learning on the job).
- Review/prepare Dutch corporate income tax returns in collaboration with the Tax Accountant.
- Ad-hoc tax advising and supporting, in conjunction with the wider RELX tax team.
- Advise on tax residency matters, review of permanent establishment matters.
- Monitor of Dutch tax compliance responsibilities, ensure all Dutch tax compliance processes are documented.
Profile Tax Manager with approx. 4-7 years work experience
- Dutch University degree in (preferably) Fiscal Economics or Fiscal Law.
- Approx. 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- Develops detailed knowledge of the RELX international structure and compliance obligations.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for learning about the businesses and their value drivers.
- Identifies and communicates challenges, issues and pitfalls.
- Suggests practical and timely remedies as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a willingness to transform processes.
- Flexible and open to change and new information.
- Approaches tasks with a rigorous and organised mind, ensuring auditability.
- Demonstrates integrity and transparency in dealings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures up to date knowledge of (international) tax developments is maintained.
- Ability to work through challenging deadlines.
- Self-awareness: recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development, seeks feedback.
Remuneration Tax Manager with approx. 4-7 years work experience
This role offers a great and challenging opportunity for an academic tax professional with approx. 4-7 years of relevant work experience. RELX offers a good salary with excellent secondary benefits.
Acquisition on this vacancy is not appreciated. Direct applications send to RELX will be forwarded to Teuben Tax Recruitment.
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal
- Belastingadviseur Vpb nationaal
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen