Tax Manager (at least 8 years experience)
For our client, an international company located in Amsterdam, we are currently seeking a Tax Manager with in-depth knowledge of the Dutch tax system as well as international tax matters. You will report to the CFO in Amsterdam.
It is a broad tax position and you will work on both Dutch and international tax projects. We are seeking an independent, hands on Tax Manager. You have at least 8 years of relevant tax experience obtained as a tax advisor and/or in-house tax specialist.
You are fluent in Dutch and good in English. You have excellent social and communication skills.
You will work within a dynamic, international environment.
Tasks & responsibilities Tax Manager (at least 8 years experience)
- Provide tax support to the various departments
- Monitor changes in tax legislation, tax rulings, regulations and understand the relevant impact by ultimately recommending and implementing responsive action to existing positions
- Assist with the tax analysis of new business operations and international expansion plans; support with tax planning
- Develop the Tax Risk Control Framework, provide audit support
- Support country FD’s in interfacing with tax authorities in countries where the Group operates (with external tax advisor support); including co-ordination of tax audits, negotiation of tax issues, filing of appeals, and directing litigation on request
- Effectively manage relationships with outside tax advisors, internal and external auditors, and tax authorities
- Support to due diligence and planning efforts related to decisions on structuring asset/entity acquisitions, disposals and international joint ventures including managing of tax aspects of new subsidiary formations
- Support to contracts in coordination with legal and finance departments
- Manage the preparation and review of the Group’s tax reporting, exposures and the associated compliance obligations
- Coordinate the corporate income tax return on behalf of the Dutch fiscal unity (actual return is drawn up by an external consultant)
- Assist HQ Finance Team and local Finance Teams in quarter and year end processes and manage the Group’s effective tax rate and the adequacy of the Group’s current and deferred income tax provisions
- Manage implementing and monitoring global transfer pricing strategy and documentation in relation to intercompany transactions, including Master File/Local File and coordinating with local Finance Teams on local transfer pricing requirements
- Assist in implementing and monitoring global transfer pricing strategy and documentation in relation to financial transactions
- Manage FATCA compliance obligations
Profile Tax Manager (at least 8 years experience)
- Academic degree in fiscal law or fiscal economics
- At least 8 years of relevant tax experience (in-house and/or international tax advisory practice (Vpb) or a more general tax advisory practice with international accents)
- Good in English and Dutch
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to interact with finance staff and senior management
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to independently manage workload
- Hands-on personality and flexibility to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-changing environment
- Willingness to limited travel (approximately 5% of the time) mainly to continental European countries
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen