For an international company with European headquarters in Amsterdam, we are seeking a Tax Manager with at least 6 years' relevant work experience.
The Tax Manager will be part of the global tax team. The European team is managing all tax matters of the group in Europe. Other tax team members in Amsterdam are the Tax Director Europe, a Tax Accounting & Reporting Specialist and a VAT Accountant. You will report to the Tax Director Europe.
It is a broad tax role. You will work on the day-to-day tax management, tax planning of investments, the corporate structure and ad hoc projects.
You have a Dutch Master in fiscal law or fiscal economics and work experience obtained within an international corporate income tax practice in Holland. You are hands on, flexible, native in Dutch, good in English and you like to work in a dynamic, international environment.
The company offers a good remuneration and a challenging tax role within a fast growing international organization.
Tasks & responsibilities Tax Manager
- Provide practical and technical tax support to the business in Europe
- Advise and support on international restructuring and planning and managing tax projects
- Manage and oversee overall holding company activities in Europe including related international tax aspects
- Interact with business and advisors on acquisitions. Convert transactional details to clear tax specifics. Review related legal documentation on tax aspects
- Improve the current tax control framework
- Support on tax audits
- Coordinate and direct overall Corporate Income Tax compliance
- Manage the European tax position and oversee specific corporate income tax elements
- Direct the tax position of companies in Europe. Understand/coordinate/convert tax accounting reports towards clear tax positions and secure tax positions are clearly documented and communicated. Liaise with tax accounting colleague.
- Will be involved in overall rationalization of group transactions and related transfer pricing requirements, including local file preparation
- Contribute to group CbC Reporting requirements
- Understand and clarify local tax rules to generate best practices and guidelines
- Work closely with legal and finance specialists
Profile Tax Manager
- Dutch Master degree in tax law or tax economics
- 6+ years of relevant working experience, preferably Big 4 or similar firm or in-house tax experience
- Background in international CIT. International tax practice (internationale Vpb praktijk) experience is essential
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Team player who can challenge other team members
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with staff and management
- High level of integrity with a good eye for internal relationships
- Hands-on, pro-active and dedicated
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both verbal and written