Neptune Energy is the largest offshore gas & oil producer in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, operating 24/7 to provide the Dutch society with gas. It is Neptune’s vision to make a positive contribution to meeting society’s changing energy needs and to the energy transition, creating value for all our stakeholders.
Neptune Energy is building a sustainable future for the business in the Netherlands with gas and new energy projects like offshore green hydrogen production and offshore CO2 storage (CCS); delivering significant societal and economic benefits for the Netherlands.
Neptune Energy Netherlands is part of the Neptune Energy Group, with operations in the Netherlands, Germany, Indonesia, Algeria, Egypt, Australia, Norway and the UK.
Neptune Energy was formed in 2015 and is a fast-moving company with the mindset of a mature start-up – dedicated to providing a welcoming, diverse and inclusive environment for all. The world’s energy needs are changing and we are embracing the opportunity to work with those focused on changing it for the better. Ready to join the team?
On behalf of Neptune Energy we are looking for a candidate to fulfill the position of Tax Manager, operating from The Hague.
The Tax Manager reports directly to the Global Tax Director who is also based in The Hague. The Tax Manager has 1 direct report who is assisting you with preparing the tax returns, tax accounting and other tax compliance activities.
You will be a member of Neptune’s international tax team. You are responsible for managing the Dutch tax position and you will also work on international projects.
The company will move to a new office in The Hague in June 2021. Partially working from home is possible.
Main responsibilities: Tax Manager
- Advise and support on tax planning in various tax projects. Develop, evaluate, and implement tax planning strategies. Provide practical and technical tax support to the business
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies
- High quality and technical interaction with external auditor and internal stakeholders (e.g. accounting department and Financial Planning and Analysis)
- Assist multi-department project teams to implement (tax planning) projects, (M&A) transactions, restructurings and planning
- Convert transactional details to clear tax specifics. Review related legal documentation on tax aspects
- Assist the accounting, legal and business teams both pro- and reactively in all relevant tax matters
- Manage internally timely (tax accounting) reporting under IFRS
- Coordinate tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules
- Manage and file tax returns, payments and reports
- Manage VAT return submission prepared by external service provider
- Manage and strengthen relationships with the tax authorities and external tax advisors
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organisations
Profile Tax Manager
- University degree in Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics
- At least 8 years’ international tax experience obtained at a tax advisory firm, law firm or in-house. In-dept knowledge of Dutch Corporate Income Tax and interest in other taxes
- Strong managerial and personal skills to build relationships and organise work
- Strong experience of working in teams with different experts
- Good with numbers, experience with IFRS and tax accounting is a plus
- Good communication skills and strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in Dutch and very good in English
- Take ownership and accountability
- Flexible, independent and a good team player as well
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, eager, hands-on
The Neptune way:
Opportunities for Growth: Neptune is a growing international exploration and production company with exciting opportunities for talented individuals.
Safety and performance: Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is our number one priority. If you’re fixated on safe, high-performance operations, we want to talk to you.
The Neptune Way: Our leaders and future leaders are team players. They see the big picture, act decisively and take responsibility.
Respect: We want to create a workplace where everyone feels accepted and valued. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion or belief, disability or political views.
Application Tax Manager