Belden (www.belden.com) is a US multinational listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Belden continues to transform from a cable company to a leading specialty networking solutions company with a portfolio that includes cable, connectivity, networking and software that is positioned to grow.
Belden focuses on Industrial Automation, Cybersecurity, Broadband & 5G and Smart Buildings. They make a.o. cable products (for audio, video, ethernet), connectors (industrial plugs), routers, switchers and cybersecurity software. The products of Belden are used, for example, in the automotive industry, stadiums, trains, machine building and the energy sector.
Belden has grown rapidly and completed multiple acquisitions in the last few years and is pursuing organic and inorganic opportunities in fast-growing regions.
The Corporate Tax Department for EMEA is located in Venlo, the Netherlands. For this location we are recruiting a Tax Manager. This position will become a member of the Corporate Tax Department which globally consists of 17 members of which 3 currently located in Venlo. You will have a broad tax role and report to the Director, Tax EMEA.
Main tasks & responsibilities Tax Manager
- Manage and support local corporate income tax compliance of EMEA group entities (the actual tax returns are prepared externally) and support the US tax return process
- Assist in global and regional tax planning initiatives, restructurings and M&A
- Various tax accounting activities
- Assist in preparation and review of transfer pricing documentation, calculations and implementation
- Represent the company’s position and interest in discussions and audits with external advisors and tax authorities
- Collaborate with Treasury, Accounting and Legal departments enhancing the company’s access to capital and cash in target locations
Profile Tax Manager
- Minimum of approx. 6 years relevant experience in a tax advisory firm, multinational enterprise or tax authorities
- Relevant degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics
- Good in English is essential and other European languages (Dutch and/or German) is a benefit but no must
- Good numerical skills. Experience with tax accounting is no must (learning on the job is possible)
- Self-starting, proven team player capable of prioritizing own work and/or problems simultaneously, used to working in a complex and dynamic environment
- Structured, organized tax professional who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasping complicated situations