Senior Tax Specialist - New role within the company!
Wintershall Dea is Europe’s leading independent natural gas and oil company with more than 120 years of experience as an operator and project partner along the entire E&P value chain. Wintershall Dea employs around 4000 people worldwide from over 60 nations.
The company with German headquarters explores for and produces gas and oil in 13 countries worldwide in an efficient and responsible manner. Wintershall Dea has two shareholders, BASF and LetterOne. The shareholders are planning an IPO in the near future for part of the shares in Wintershall Dea.
With activities in Europe, Russia, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, the company has a global upstream portfolio and, with its participation in natural gas transport, is also active in the midstream business. The company is determined to play a key role in the energy transition, delivering low-cost, reliable energy to customers.
In the Netherlands, Wintershall Dea has multiple activities carried out by several wholly owned companies and Wintershall Noordzee (50% Wintershall Dea Nederland, 50% Gazprom International). The activities consist of upstream operations and participations in The Netherlands and abroad, financing for international projects and providing technical services to Wintershall Dea group companies worldwide. Wintershall Dea Nederland is located in Rijswijk.
For Wintershall Dea Nederland we are currently seeking a Senior Tax Specialist who is located in Rijswijk. It is a new and broad tax position. You will work intensively with your Finance colleagues in Rijswijk, your tax colleagues in Germany and with external tax advisors.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Specialist with approx. 5- 10 years tax experience. This position is ideal for a Tax Specialist who is eager to have a broad tax role. You are a tax advisor or in-house tax specialist with affinity for numbers or you are a tax compliance specialist/tax accountant who is eager to get more tax planning/tax advice experience (by learning on the job and also by working on projects with external tax advisors). You want to work within a very interesting and challenging international company. You will work with internal and external professionals on all kind of tax projects and you will get the time to learn on the job and to grow in your tax role. So also when you do not have experience with all the tasks & responsibilities mentioned below, we invite you to apply for the role because you can learn on the job.
The company offers you a tax role in which you have the possibility to work on Dutch and international tax projects, to broaden your tax knowledge, to work with internal and external (tax) specialists and to grow in your tax role and your tax responsibilities. The company offers an attractive remuneration package including a good fixed income, a 13th month, bonus possibility, pension and 30 (plus 8) vacation days.
After Covid, you will work 2 days a week in the office on the same days as your direct colleagues. More days of working in the office is of course possible but you can also work from home.
Main tasks Senior Tax Specialist - New role within the company!
- Manage/Coordinate tax returns (supply of all relevant documents to external tax advisors, liaise with external tax advisors, prepare and/or review tax returns together with external tax advisors and/or Finance colleagues)
- Record tax accounting entries and participation in monthly closings and Year End procedures (learning on the job is possible)
- Initiate and participate in all relevant tax projects (work with external tax advisors, identification of opportunities, tax planning, tax work with respect to the upcoming IPO etc.). You can work with external tax advisors and you will also work with the tax colleagues in Germany
- Collaborate with external transfer pricing advisors and transfer pricing specialists of the German headquarters. Coordinate and optimize transfer pricing relevant processes, establish control mechanism and transfer pricing compliance system. Draft Dutch local files and other transfer pricing documentation
- Close cooperation with the group’s tax community, in particular the Group tax department
- Maintain timely awareness of new regulations and their impact, and communicate these effectively across all levels (internally, Group)
- Perform reporting obligations such as DAC6 and ATAD2
- Provide information to tax auditors, coordinate external tax advisors
Profile Senior Tax Specialist - New role within the company!
- Relevant degree in tax economics or tax law
- Approx. 5-10 years’ relevant tax experience
- You are interested in a broad tax role in which you can learn on the job, work on projects with external tax advisors and grow within the company
- Good with numbers, advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in Dutch and good in English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A practical, solution-oriented and hands-on team player
- Ability to work across disciplines with people of different cultural background