International Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
Action is a fast-growing international non-food discounter with almost 1,500 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Austria and Poland and almost 50,000 employees. With Dutch origins and a no-nonsense approach, Action is known for low prices and a diverse and surprising range. About a third of the more than 6,000 products Action sells are part of a standard range. The rest of the range varies and is continuously changing.
The Action stores sell among others cleaning products, office supplies, toys and decoration. Over the last years, Action has won multiple prestigious retailer awards in various countries. In 2018, Action achieved net sales amounting to EUR 4,216 million, an increase of 23.3% compared to 2017. Action achieved a strong growth in operating EBITDA to EUR 450 million in 2018, which is 16% higher than in 2017). Action opened 230 new stores in 2018 with a strong expansion in France, Germany and Poland.
Action is growing rapidly in terms of sales and profits, the number of stores and distribution centers and the size of its workforce. The group’s head office and largest distribution center are situated in Zwaagdijk-Oost in the province of North Holland (approx. 25 minutes by car from Amsterdam).
Action will continue the fast-paced store roll out and distribution center roll out in existing and new geographies. With strong international growth and the number of stores and distribution centers outside the Netherlands increasing, Action has developed from a Dutch company into a European Multinational Discount Retailer and continues to strengthen the organizational capabilities whilst staying focused on the unique proposition.
Due to the rapid international growth of the Action group, we are currently seeking an International Tax Manager who will be located in the head office in Zwaagdijk-Oost. It is a new role within the organization. You will report directly to the Head of Tax.
The International Tax Manager oversees CIT related matters from a group point of view. The main tasks and responsibilities are: general CIT support and advice, TCF, project management, tax planning, transfer pricing, review corporate income tax reporting, managing tax compliance and review statutory tax reporting.
Tasks & responsibilities International Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- Provide high quality (inter)national CIT advice and support to the business and proactively act on international CIT developments
- Provide tax technical support and integration support with respect to special projects such as cross border transactions and internal and external financing
- Monitor Action APAs and ATRs and request for renewal of existing APAs and ATRs
- Manage tax audits and tax compliance (preparation of tax returns is outsourced)
- Coordinate updating Transfer Pricing documentation, such as Master File and Local File and Country by Country Reporting
- Provide internal advice regarding transfer pricing (such as impact of changes in the business for tp model etc.)
- Assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring the Action CIT control framework
- Review tax accounting & reporting worldwide (IFRS). You will support in the quarterly and year end closing procedures (learning on the job)
- Review legal agreements to optimize Action’s CIT position
- Advise on Dutch dividend withholding tax matters
- Manage (relationship with) external tax advisors and tax authorities
- Work closely together with colleagues from a.o. the Finance, Treasury, Legal and Risk department
- Liaise/work with tax colleagues / you are a member of the Action group tax team
Profile International Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- A Dutch Master Degree in Fiscal law and/or Fiscal Economics
- At least 4 years of relevant CIT experience obtained as a tax advisor within a tax advisory firm or law firm and/or as an in-house tax specialist
- Strong and independent professional
- Highly analytical thinker
- Fluent in Dutch and very good in English (both written and spoken).
- Driven, energetic, strong communicator
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism and problem solving skills
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets
- Organized, able to structure activities and projects, stick to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
Application International Tax Manager - Zwaagdijk-Oost
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal