International Tax Manager with transfer pricing experience
Our client is a dynamic, global product and tech company with operations in more than 40 countries. The company has many brands and is operating through a network of market leading trading platforms globally.
Every day, millions of people in many local markets around the world are using the company's trading platforms to sell, buy or exchange their used goods and services. The company's mission is to make it very simple for people to buy and sell almost everything.
People working for the company are curious, ambitious, eager, hands on, looking to make a difference, dynamic, open, creative and used to work in a flat and fast changing environment.
For our client we are currently seeking an International Tax Manager with transfer pricing experience who will be located in the centre of Berlin, Germany. The Berlin office has a lot of international employees (more than 40 nationalities) who are working on global projects.
The International Tax Manager will be responsible for tax affairs and transfer pricing of the operations in Europe and the US. It is a broad tax position and next to international tax matters you must have experience with transfer pricing. It is a new position within the company and you will report to the head of tax.
Tasks & responsibilities International Tax Manager with transfer pricing experience
- Full tax oversight for operations across 7 different jurisdictions, with special emphasis on Eastern Europe, Germany and the US
- Manage a.o. corporate taxes, withholding taxes and compliance routines
- Support implementation and adjustments to Transfer Pricing Model
- Manage transfer pricing audits
- Review tax calculations performed by finance teams and external advisors
- Review current and deferred income tax provision
- Manage tax authorities, tax audits and requests when necessary
- Perform tax research, including potential modeling of proposed legislation and other matters impacting the company
- Manage third party tax advisors
- Assist in global initiated tax projects as assigned
- Assist in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions
- Review and provide input to the tax section of the customer/vendors contracts
Profile International Tax Manager with transfer pricing experience
- A relevant Master degree in fiscal law or fiscal economics (and/or finance/accounting) and a minimum of 8 years international tax / transfer pricing experience obtained within a Big 4 firm or equivalent or in a tax department of a large multi-national corporation
- You have worked as a transfer pricing specialist with international tax experience or as an international tax specialist with experience in transfer pricing projects
- Detail-oriented, organized thinker, good with numbers, good analytical and computer skills
- Self starter, proactive and results oriented
- Be able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts
- High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment
- Highest standards of integrity, business controls and business practices
- Readiness to travel (approx. 5 days/month)
- International Tax Specialist
- Transfer Pricing Specialist
- Full time