International Tax Manager
Dept (www.deptagency.nl) is an international digital agency with more than 1,500 experienced thinkers & makers in 13 countries. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. The employees of Dept are creators of the world’s leading digital products, services and campaigns. Dept is a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, Bose, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Samsung and Philips.
To be successful now and in the future, businesses, organisations and governments need to digitise their processes, products, services, transactions and marketing at speed. It’s about growing your digital business. As a digital agency for creativity, technology and data, Dept delivers end-to-end capabilities to clients, helping them build and accelerate their digital business.
Dept is one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe and the US. In the last years, Dept did nineteen acquisitions in Europe and the US. In the coming years Dept will continue to grow fast through organic growth and acquisitions in mainly the US and Asia.
In the Netherlands Dept has offices in Amsterdam (head office) and Rotterdam. For Dept we are seeking an International Tax Manager. It is a new position within the company. You will report to the CFO. It is an opportunity of a lifetime that requires out of the box thinking. You can work in the Amsterdam and/or Rotterdam office and you can also work partly from home. You will have meetings in both Dutch locations and sometimes abroad.
As the International Tax Manager at Dept you will work closely with the CFO, COO, the M&A & Legal team and external tax advisors and lawyers.
Dept is eager to bring on board the most talented tax specialist in the game, but is also looking for the perfect Dept-fit. An International Tax Manager who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage and is a futurist at heart. We are looking for a unique tax specialist who is able to strengthen our collective. Dept strongly supports diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Dept offers you an opportunity of a lifetime in an open culture, an exciting new International Tax Manager role with enough challenges and possibilities for training and personal development. Depth also offers a dynamic work environment, a delicious and healthy lunch, bootcamp training, great get-togethers, a competitive financial compensation and the opportunity to do what you do best and become even better.
Main tasks & responsibilities International Tax Manager
- Tax management, tax planning, tax structuring of the group globally. Advise on tax structuring of investments and mergers and acquisitions. Coordinate and review tax due diligence of new acquisitions
- Manage tax compliance (preparation of CIT returns are outsourced). Coordinate local tax compliance (between external service providers and the internal finance teams)
- Tax review of interest deductibility, cash pooling etc.
- Manage transfer pricing for intercompany services, head office costs and intercompany financing (if necessary, with external advisors)
- Manage internal control on tax matters
- Manage VAT matters (with external VAT advisors if necessary). The VAT returns are prepared by the Finance department
- Liaise and negotiate with the Dutch and foreign Tax authorities
- Support on questions from auditors and finance colleagues
- Discuss tax positions with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced international environment
- Ad hoc tax requests
Profile International Tax Manager
- Master in Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics
- Approx. 7-10 years of relevant work experience obtained in a tax advisory firm, law firm, Tax Boutique or within an International Company, working with international tax matters
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch corporate income tax regulations and international standards
- Relevant international tax practice experience and some M&A experience
- You have a broad tax interest and you are eager to learn
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced international environment
- Proactive and independent but an enthusiastic team player as well
- Speak and write English and Dutch very well
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate solid IFRS knowledge relevant to tax matters
- Self-starter, hands-on mentality and an agile learner
Applications International Tax Manager
- Belastingadviseur Vpb internationaal