International Tax Manager
Our client is a Multinational with more than 140,000 employees worldwide. The company is the world's number 1 in it's business. The group has a global presence with more than 300 subsidiaries and each location has its individual personality. The company is listed on a Stock Exchange overseas.
The company is taking over many other companies and is therefore growing fast. Due to the continuing growth of the organization, we are currently seeking an International Tax Manager for our client. You will be part of the tax department of EMEA Head Office.The tax European department is working closely with the tax departments in the US and Asia. You have a broad role and you will work on interesting post merger projects. The preparation of the Dutch CIT return is outsourced.
You will report to the European Tax Director and you will have responsibility and accountability for all the tax aspects of the European operations (EMEA region).
Tasks & responsibilities International Tax Manager
- Support in M&A projects and post-merger integrations (the company is doing a lot of acquisitions so there is a lot of interesting post merger/post acquisition tax work)
- Support the operations as well as the and tax and legal departments with day-to-day questions
- Research (international) tax issues, legislative developments and evaluate the potential impact for the company
- Contribute to the tax awareness and activities within the group of companies
- Review and monitor regional tax positions. Overview the EMEA tax compliance
- Review tax returns and give feedback to the regional tax lead with respect to potential optimizations. The Dutch CIT return is outsourced to a tax advisory firm
- Support on tax audits and tax policy efforts
- Review of quarterly and annual income tax provisions; involvement in determining tax consequences of purchase accounting (allocation issues)
Profile International Tax Manager
- University degree in Dutch Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics
- Approx. 5-8 years of relevant tax experience obtained within a general international tax practice (Vpb) in the Netherlands and/or as an in-house Tax Specialist of a Multinational
- Good understanding of the Dutch participation exemption, interest deduction rules, fiscal unity regulations, mergers, liquidations, withholding taxes, tax treaties
- Very good in English (written and oral) and Dutch
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible, quick learner, positive ''can do'' attitude
- Ability to multi-task,ability to adapt to changing priorities