Indirect Tax Specialist (approx. 1-4 years experience)
Our client is an international company with its Headquarters in Amsterdam. The company is active in many countries on several continents and it has 75 entities. On behalf of our client we are seeking an Indirect Tax Specialist with a focus on indirect tax compliance, indirect tax projects and indirect tax processes.
In this position you will work closely with the Indirect Tax Manager. You will prepare and submit VAT, GST, QST and Sales tax returns worldwide. You identify VAT risks and opportunities, work on tax projects, assist with VAT audits and optimize indirect tax processes.
We are seeking an indirect tax specialist with approx. 1-4 years of relevant experience. Indirect tax compliance experience is a must and your English must be good (Dutch is no must). You are hands on, open, eager to learn and you have an international focus. You want to work within a successful company that is growing very fast. You can optimize processes, improve efficiency, act as an internal tax advisor and handle indirect tax questions from stakeholders and colleagues.
Main tasks Indirect Tax Specialist (approx. 1-4 years experience)
- Prepare and submit VAT, GST, QST and Sales tax returns worldwide and make sure the tax returns are filed timely, correct and complete
- Prepare and submit Intrastat returns in EU countries
- Optimize Indirect Tax processes
- Assist the Indirect Tax Manager with VAT, GST, QST and sales (and Intrastat) audits
- Work closely with other departments to identify VAT risks and opportunities. Ensure that local obligations are fulfilled
- Assist with other tax projects
Profile Indirect Tax Specialist (approx. 1-4 years experience)
- Relevant tax (or finance/accounting) education and approx. 1-4 years of relevant indirect tax experience
- Experience with filing international indirect tax returns
- Good in English (Dutch is no must)
- Accurate, hands on, international focus
- Eager to learn
- BTW Specialist
- BTW Compliance / VAT Accountant