Indirect Tax Specialist
Cefetra Benelux is a leading and ambitious supply chain manager in agricultural materials to the feed-, food and fuel industry. The focus of the company is selling Grains, Soya and Co-products to the European compound feed industry. On an annual basis, Cefetra Benelux trades around 13 million metric tons with a turnover of ca. € 3 billion.
Working for Cefetra is operating in an international environment. The commodities are bought and distributed in many countries, inside and outside Europe. Cefetra Benelux is part of Baywa Agrar Supply & Trade with offices in UK, Spain, Italy, Poland, Austria, Ukraine and Hungary and is known to be the supply chain company, with a strong customer focus.
For Cefetra we are recruiting an Indirect Tax Specialist for the Rotterdam office. You will be a member of the Netherlands Indirect Tax team currently consisting of 3 staff members based in Rotterdam, primarily responsible for four Dutch-based entities with multiple EU VAT registrations (acting as a tax shared service center). You will be assisting the Indirect Tax Manager of Cefetra Benelux in all indirect tax related matters.
You have a Master degree in fiscal law, fiscal economics or similar and approx. 3-5 years' of relevant indirect tax experience. You have the ambition to move towards an Indirect Tax Manager’s role.
Mains tasks & responsibilities Indirect Tax Specialist
- Manage, mitigate and resolve any potential Indirect Tax risks and opportunities
- Provide indirect tax advice to multiple stakeholders (e.g. management, trade and operations) with respect to supply chain structures
- Manage the preparation and review of all EMEA VAT reporting (Intrastat, ESL, VAT returns, SAF-T) and the associated compliance obligations and perform statistical sampling methodology
- Identify and drive efficiency improvement in VAT compliance processes (e.g. RPA, reconciliations, documentation) and involvement in indirect tax projects
- Manage compliance across various entities, part of the tax shared service center, with strong knowledge of EU VAT issues, especially The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany
- Monitor relevant tax law changes and jurisprudence and assess the business impact, raise awareness and provide training to business units
- Manage and assist indirect tax audits in cooperation with the Indirect Tax Manager
- Liaise with external (tax) advisors and tax authorities
Profile Indirect Tax Specialist
- Master degree in fiscal law, fiscal economics or a similar degree
- Approx. 3-5 years’ experience in VAT regulations in the EU (level of seniority is mid-level)
- Ambition to move towards an Indirect Tax Manager’s role
- Accurate, proactive, hands-on mentality, process-oriented and able to work both in a team and independently
- Analytical thinker with excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Good in English, both verbal and written. Dutch and/or another language is a plus
- BTW Specialist
- Full time
- Part time 4 dagen