Indirect Tax Manager
Our client is a global player in its business. The company is active in sale, purchase and also transport on a global basis. The company is headquartered in Europe with operations offices in several countries all over the world, among which in Rotterdam. Being a global business, the employees of the company come from all over the world. They represent a mix of different nationalities, backgrounds and life experiences. Today, employees from around 60 countries work for the company, all around the world. They continue to build the reputation as the leading player in the markets through their commitment, creativity, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Indirect Tax Team (currently 4 fte) of the company is part of the global Tax Team and deals with all indirect taxes such as VAT, customs duties and excise duties. The Indirect Tax Team works in close cooperation with various teams to keep the indirect tax position aligned with the business developments and legislative changes. There are various different groups where the indirect tax team works together with the commercial and operational teams. The Indirect Tax Team also works closely together with the investments team and the in-house team of software developers to keep the in-house developed VAT automation system aligned with the business and legal framework.
On behalf of our client we are currently seeking an Indirect Tax Manager for the Indirect Tax team in Rotterdam. Professional development is a core ethos of the team and the successful candidate will be trained and supported in all areas relevant to the role.
You have at least 6 years' of relevant indirect tax experience obtained at an advisory company or as an in-house Indirect Tax Specialist. You have finished a fiscal law or fiscal economics study (or comparable), you live (and work) in The Netherlands and you speak English well. Dutch is an advantage but no must.
Tasks & responsibilities Indirect Tax Manager
- Advice operational and commercial teams on indirect tax aspects of ad-hoc transactions
- Advice commercial and investment teams on tax aspects of new business activities
- Work on various other new business or improvement projects (depending on knowledge, responsibilities and specific business handled)
- Work together with the worldwide Tax Team
- Contribute to further development of in-house developed indirect tax automation system
- Contribute to development of data analytics tools and the integration of this in tax reporting and risk management process
- Maintain the indirect tax automation system to keep it aligned with business developments and legislative changes
- Back-up for other team members when required
- From time to time may be required to work outside the Rotterdam office
- Prepare and submit some VAT returns (preparing some returns is essential to keep a detailed feeling with functioning of tax automation system and reporting tool)
Profile Indirect Tax Manager
- Relevant finished study (fiscal law, fiscal economics or comparable)
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a VAT advisory role or as an in-house Indirect Tax Specialist
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Being able to discuss with in-house software developers about the required functionality in Indirect Tax Automation
- Good in English (written and oral)
- Working proactively and independently. Highly responsive, proactive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Capable of prioritizing tasks, meeting critical deadlines
- You currently live (and work) in the Netherlands
- Capable of keeping oversight in complex and detailed projects
- Can work independently, strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Solution and results oriented, pragmatic
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- BTW Specialist