Indirect Tax Manager
Our client is an international company with offices worldwide. The company is very successful and one of the largest in its business. Being a global player, the company has employees with many different nationalities. The employees are very committed to the company and continue to build the excellent reputation of the company as a leading player.
The Indirect Tax Group has a global function and deals with indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, excise duties, customs duties and similar taxes. The Indirect Tax Group is advising several teams and is globally also working on improvements of Indirect Tax processes to better manage and control Indirect Tax risks.
The Indirect Tax Manager will work closely together with the EMEA Indirect Tax team, product teams and with global IT. You will advice operational, commercial and investment teams on indirect tax aspects of ad-hoc transactions / new business activities.
The indirect tax role will require some international travelling from time to time. A good understanding of English is required (both written and oral). Dutch is no must.
Main tasks Indirect Tax Manager
- Advice operational, commercial and investments teams on various indirect tax aspects of ad-hoc transactions / new business activities
- Implement various other new business or improvement projects (depending on knowledge, responsibilities and specific business handled)
- Contribute to further development of in-house developed indirect tax automation system into a global system covering all transactions performed by the Group
- Contribute to development of data analytics tools and the integration of this in the tax reporting and risk management process
- Maintain the indirect tax automation system and documentation to keep it aligned with business developments and legislative changes
- From time to time may be required to work outside the Netherlands
- Be the “translator’ of the local tax rules into the ‘language’ of an IT expert and works together with the product teams
Profile Indirect Tax Manager
- Relevant fiscal (or financial) study and approx. 5-10 years of relevant indirect tax experience
- Excellent Indirect Tax expertise obtained as an indirect tax advisor or in-house VAT Specialist / Indirect Tax Specialist
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Sufficient understanding of IT processes to be able to discuss with in-house software developers about the required functionality in Indirect Tax Automation. Experience with the implementation of indirect tax automation is a pre (set up of a tax engine or a change in VAT)
- A high standard of English knowledge (written and oral). Dutch is not a must.
- Flexible to travel internationally when required
- Working proactively and independently, highly responsive, proactive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Capable of prioritizing tasks, meeting critical deadlines, being able to work independent
- Capable of keeping oversight in complex and detailed projects, stress tolerance/ resilience
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Solution and results oriented, pragmatic, hands-on
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- BTW Specialist