EMEA Tax Technology Specialist for Direct Tax
Our client is a very successful Multinational with activities in many countries around the world. On behalf of our client we are currently seeking an EMEA Tax Technology Specialist for Direct Tax and Transfer Pricing who will be working in the Schiphol office in The Netherlands. It is a new position in the company!
We are seeking a direct corporate tax specialist with relevant transfer pricing experience or a transfer pricing specialist with relevant direct tax experience. You have worked for a manufacturing company and you have experience with SAP or other ERP systems.
The EMEA Tax Technology Specialist will work on SAP implementations (and improvements) of direct tax processes consisting of CIT as well as transfer pricing. You will work with technology teams, represent the tax team and you will work together with other tax technology specialists, IT and tax colleagues to contribute to the SAP technology alignment.
You have an EMEA focus and sometimes global focus. However, this does not mean you need to know Direct Tax for all EMEA countries. The company has direct tax specialists representing all those countries, but you need to have a good understanding of the Direct Tax mechanism, in order to translate requirements from Direct Tax Managers to IT people.
Having a good corporate tax knowledge for The Netherlands is an advantage.
Main tasks & responsibilities EMEA Tax Technology Specialist for Direct Tax
- You are the direct tax specialist for tax technology regarding SAP implementations, including gathering local direct tax requirements, assist on initial design process and perform analysis. You will test and assist with the creation of trainings after the implementation
- Support on building, maintaining as well as governing direct tax processes surrounding direct tax automation following newly incorporated SAP implementations and/or upgraded instances, including support with the maintenance of a tax control framework
- Partner with the businesses and the functions to assess, monitor and govern processes via the use of technology including performing process and system monitoring and engage with them to resolve issues and communicate all updates
- Assist on the implementations of other tools. Analyze data warehouse capabilities and a central finance platform
- Provide direct tax input from a technology perspective for tax control framework
- Assure that the direct tax requirements are designed and also implemented in a consistent manner across the IT landscape within Tax
- Collaborate with other tax content architects and tax managers to come to a joined solution
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
Profile EMEA Tax Technology Specialist for Direct Tax
- Relevant tax education and a minimum of seven years working experience within a direct tax environment and/or transfer pricing environment. An in-house tax specialist who is working (or who has worked) for a manufacturing company and who has experience with corporate income tax, transfer pricing, tax technology and SAP (or other ERP) is a good profile for this role
- Understanding of direct tax reporting requirements as well as the basic understanding of statutory requirements and configuration in ERP (SAP knowledge is an advantage, not a must)
- Corporate tax knowledge for The Netherlands. A good understanding of the direct tax mechanism, in order to translate requirements from Direct Tax Managers to IT people
- Strong analytical skills to embed tax requirements in the enterprise resource planning systems
- Good in English; Dutch is an advantage, no must
- Hands on, excellent project management and communication skills
- International focus
- Aangiftemedewerker / Tax Accountant